PDA

View Full Version : Yes!! there's a flea flicker play!!!

djwill13
08-12-2004, 07:45 AM
TB playbook (of course) I form with both WR on the same side of the field

i saw this play last night and had to run it. didn't complete it, but it still reminded me of the good old TECMO BOWL days lol

BlueCrush2005
08-12-2004, 07:52 AM
TB playbook (of course) I form with both WR on the same side of the field

i saw this play last night and had to run it. didn't complete it, but it still reminded me of the good old TECMO BOWL days lol

Yea, I found that out the hard way. I read the diagram wrong and screwed the whole play up lol

djwill13
08-12-2004, 10:12 AM
it's in i form twins, lol, i forgot the name

i thought i was reading the screen wrong when i saw it. i haven't done a flea flicker since tecmo bowl. i'm surprised that it's in there.

have you guys noticed it in any other pb?

BlueCrush2005
08-12-2004, 10:16 AM
it's in i form twins, lol, i forgot the name

i thought i was reading the screen wrong when i saw it. i haven't done a flea flicker since tecmo bowl. i'm surprised that it's in there.

have you guys noticed it in any other pb?

If I'm not mistaking, Pass Balanced!

BloodyRedd
08-12-2004, 10:19 AM
no... im playin right now with Pass balanced and i looked in iform twins 2 wr and i didnt see it at alllll

BlueCrush2005
08-12-2004, 10:22 AM
might be another formation. I remember picking a play and it me caught guard with a pitch back. Come to think about it, I've been playing around with two playbooks, The pass balance and Jacksonville. Been you the Pass B more tho.

McMadden
08-12-2004, 11:09 AM
If I'm not mistaking, Pass Balanced!

Nope not there, just checked it. :(

Still looking though.

Okay just found it in the Run n Gun PB, formation is Singleback Big, Lions PB I-Formation, and now the WCO I-Formation TW WRs kwel! :cool:

TitanMatt
08-12-2004, 11:33 AM
It's in the Titans playbook

mad_bomber
08-12-2004, 11:51 AM
Now if EA can just ever get the reverses and draw plays to work we'll be all set.

A.Reid's Lunch
08-12-2004, 12:00 PM
Madden hates trick plays, so they rarely work. I was elated when I ran an end-around for 10 yards on last year's game.

Oh, and a reverse is different from an end-around. I won't bore you with the difference, though.

R-ILLA
08-12-2004, 12:09 PM
I usually dont run the reverse, but last night I tried one and I should have broken it for a TD, but I cut inside the CB to late..........maybe they work :confused:

Anybody see the flea flicker in the Rams playbook

BlueCrush2005
08-12-2004, 12:13 PM
Nope not there, just checked it. :(

Still looking though.

Okay just found it in the Run n Gun PB, formation is Singleback Big, Lions PB I-Formation, and now the WCO I-Formation TW WRs kwel! :cool:

How about the Jags playbook? Are started off with that one before switching to Pass Bal

mad_bomber
08-12-2004, 12:21 PM
Madden hates trick plays, so they rarely work. I was elated when I ran an end-around for 10 yards on last year's game.

Oh, and a reverse is different from an end-around. I won't bore you with the difference, though.

Go ahead and bore us :). I'm interested in your explanation.

QBStokes4
08-12-2004, 01:56 PM
miami and cincy playbooks toooo

GateCrash
08-12-2004, 02:11 PM
A reverse is when the QB hands off to another player (typically the HB or FB), who then hands it off to the WR. An end-around is when the QB hands the ball directly to the WR (or, rarely, TE).

A double reverse, as the name implies, is when the WR then hands off to another WR coming from the opposite direction. Of course, by the time you've done this, the play is about 15 yards behind the line of scrimmage, and unless you have a WR who is significantly faster than the entire defense (or Tecmo Bowl Bo Jackson), you're doomed to a big loss.

Random trivia is fun!

McMadden
08-12-2004, 02:34 PM
A reverse is when the QB hands off to another player (typically the HB or FB), who then hands it off to the WR. An end-around is when the QB hands the ball directly to the WR (or, rarely, TE).

A double reverse, as the name implies, is when the WR then hands off to another WR coming from the opposite direction. Of course, by the time you've done this, the play is about 15 yards behind the line of scrimmage, and unless you have a WR who is significantly faster than the entire defense (or Tecmo Bowl Bo Jackson), you're doomed to a big loss.

Random trivia is fun!

Is there a double reverse in this years Madden 2005?

Mad-bomber the draw can work for about 3-5 yards, especially when the defense is thinking pass. It's a risky play for sure though. Haven't tried it yet in this years Madden 2005.

Shrq
08-12-2004, 03:08 PM

Random trivia is fun!

Not to be a geek, but I am! I think TMQ (Tuesday Morning Quarterback) put it best.

"It's a double reverse!" To TMQ's knowledge no actual double reverse was run in the NFL this season—a play in which there's a handoff in one direction, then a second handoff coming the other way, then a third handoff back to the original direction. NFL defenders are so fast that in the time it takes a double reverse to develop, players from games held the previous week will have closed on the ball carrier. What announcers call a "double reverse" is usually a reverse, and what announcers call a "reverse" is usually an end-around. A reverse requires a RB to take the ball going one way, then hand off to a WR coming back the other way. To eliminate the risk of a fumble when the running back makes a handoff, NFL teams now usually fake up the middle and have the QB perform the handoff to whoever's coming around. True, defensive players yell "REVERSE!" when they see this action, but only because it is cumbersome to yell "END-AROUND!" Announcers should use correct terminology.

However, my favorite is "Stop me before I blitz again!"

TruBluDevil3
08-13-2004, 06:09 AM
its also in the pats playbook- singleback big

chapo
09-29-2004, 04:23 PM
So does it work? I have tried it and it doesn't. I see it in the same foramtion alot but I have also seen it in different formations that not alot of teams have it in. I wonder if that one works better than just the regular ones.

The Funboy
09-29-2004, 07:31 PM
The flea-flicker is also in the San Diego PB. Singleback, 2 TE big.

pmac
09-29-2004, 07:32 PM
Tampa, I-Twin WR