10-11-2009, 04:51 AM
Hello my name is chris and i am starting to get into football and naturally cause i am a gamer i found madden. I know the basics and stuff, but i lack the skill in strategy and telling what people are gonna do. and what kind of plays to call on defense and offense and what play books to use etc. Basically i need help in all areas.
so i was wondering if there was anyone who would be willing to tutor me for atleast an 1-1 1/2 hr tutoring. starting with a game before and after tutoring. So if you are interested in tutoring me my git is GT: I DOWNY I
P.S. i am not going to pay you microsoft points or pay you money.
10-11-2009, 09:53 PM
I'm not the one to tutor, but I can give you some tips that have helped me.
1) once you pick you team pick an offensive and defensive PB and learn them inside and out. i.e. I took way to much time switching teams and trying different play books at the beginning of the season and wasted time. Once I finally picked my team and my Off & Def PBs I was able to learn them and how they work w/ my personell.
2) read this site for tips. There is a lot great stuff here in all areas, offensive, defensive, online, franchise, etc...people post good stuff and help you out if you have a question, a lot of my questions have already been posted/asked so it's nice that they have so much information here.
3) VG makes a good guide. They make 2, the beginner version that you can buy at a store and the advance version that you can purchase online and download to your PC. I bought the 2nd one, it has close to 650 pages of great stuff!
4) On offense I try and learn my PB. I play against the CPU and stick to 1 formation at a time until I learn what works and when (i.e. down and distance avg results for each play). It also helps to learn what coverage the D is running, man, zone, cover 1,2,3 etc...once you learn this you can pick them apart better and pick plays (audibles included) accordingly.
5) On defense once I picked my PB I picked my player. I like to control the MLB again I go through each formation and learn what each strengths and weaknesses are. Here is a post I did on the 3-4 http://www.maddentips.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131591
I have more information on other formations but this is a good start.
Personally I finally went with my TEXANS. I am using their OFF and DEF PB and am learning them. I like to control Demeco Ryans on Defense and I like to move A. Johnson around (package audibles) to get more looks for him.
I'm also sure you will hear this from a lot of people but the more you play the better you will get. Your record may not improve a lot but you will see more coverages, learn what plays work and which ones don't with your team. So like many things the more practice the better you get.
Hope these ideas help you out some.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.4 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.