PDA

View Full Version : Squib Kick

Hoodlum
12-04-2004, 01:52 PM
I'm sure many of you may already now this but, if you stop the power meter on the way down during your squib kicks and stop the accuracy in the middle while your arrow is slightly angled to your right; the squib takes nasty hops, making it very difficult to pick up an return. I've laid plenty of wood on the return guy my last few gms. Try it for those who haven't yet.

hollowpoint
12-04-2004, 02:36 PM
Yeah it works almost like an onside kick if you get the right bounce. I recovered a squib kick at my opponents 10 yd line twice.

TRUEVisionDC
12-06-2004, 07:12 AM
I'm sure many of you may already now this but, if you stop the power meter on the way down during your squib kicks and stop the accuracy in the middle while your arrow is slightly angled to your right; the squib takes nasty hops, making it very difficult to pick up an return. I've laid plenty of wood on the return guy my last few gms. Try it for those who haven't yet.
If you stop the power meter on the way down it will kick the ball. I cant hit the x on the way down and again in the accuracy area?? :confused:
can I??

JPar
12-06-2004, 07:20 AM

That's kind of lame isn't it? This is why the squib kick needs to be revamped. How many times have you seen an NFL team recover one?

I'd reccommend only using this against people who are cheesing the crap out of you. It's just not a very savory tactic to use.

joetoronto
12-06-2004, 10:20 AM
agreed, that's for a select crowd.

Hoodlum
12-06-2004, 03:13 PM
That's kind of lame isn't it? This is why the squib kick needs to be revamped. How many times have you seen an NFL team recover one?

I'd reccommend only using this against people who are cheesing the crap out of you. It's just not a very savory tactic to use.

I only use squib kicks when someone is killing me on returns, an I just so happen to notice that if I kicked the squib as described above, it takes really funky hops at times. I don't use it as a crutch to get cheap field position or turnovers such as your fg/punt block glitchers. But J we could argue the fact that many of the so called tricks top ballas use such as the studda step can be called lame. It's all in the eyes of the beholder.

jerseyjay14
12-06-2004, 03:14 PM
I only use squib kicks when someone is killing me on returns, an I just so happen to notice that if I kicked the squib as described above, it takes really funky hops at times. I don't use it as a crutch to get cheap field position or turnovers such as your fg/punt block glitchers. But J we could argue the fact that many of the so called tricks top ballas use such as the studda step can be called lame. It's all in the eyes of the beholder.

i like when people squid kick to me, i usually get to at least the 35-40 yardline.