PDA

View Full Version : Auto-sub sliders and the real NFL.

Brutal Attack
12-11-2005, 05:19 PM
Ok, I'm looking for an autosub setting that somewhat follows the real life NFL. Most teams rotate at least 8 defensive lineman in a game. You can't really do that in madden. Also, a 60 yard run by your RB would most likely mean he will be sitting for at least a couple of plays.

Where do you put your auto-sub sliders and does it produce realistic stats with your D line and other players?

Raider
12-11-2005, 05:28 PM
Well for the HB you can auto sub him yourself by changing the package (B if xbox) until it shows "spell HB" and then your back up will come in until you press B to bring it back around to normal.
Not sure if you can switch defense the way you want to.

Brutal Attack
12-11-2005, 05:33 PM
Well for the HB you can auto sub him yourself by changing the package (B if xbox) until it shows "spell HB" and then your back up will come in until you press B to bring it back around to normal.
Not sure if you can switch defense the way you want to.
Yeah you can. There is an option called auto sub sliders.

MLB58
12-11-2005, 05:52 PM
I don't even mess with the sub sliders. What I did was create a bunch of custom packages that platoon players in and out. So, like you said, I can rotate defensive lineman in and out every play if I want. I can platoon WRs if I want. I can swap my whole defense out all at once if I have to, or just do it by position. Same with the offense.

I don't know if that helps you but that's how I addressed it. I don't like the auto sub sliders because I can't anticipate when someone will be taken out.

BearGator56
12-11-2005, 05:56 PM
This is a problem I have been trying to work around for several Madden versions now. I have found that messing with the sliders just doesn't sub players out the way I'd like. I use the formation subs, and put different players in different sets. I do have the sliders changed as well... I think I sut out at like 86%.

I use the Bears, and have Benson as my starting HB-he gets the bulk of the carries, but Jones subs in all of my 3/4 WR sets.

On my D, I put the bigger/stronger DT's and DE's on my 4-3, and my faster pass rushers in Nickel and passing sets. I also like to swap in a stronger safety in the 4-3.

I've always wanted Madden to have position sliders that would allow different settings for OL, DL, DB, HB, WR. Maybe one day.

Brutal Attack
12-11-2005, 06:06 PM
I don't even mess with the sub sliders. What I did was create a bunch of custom packages that platoon players in and out. So, like you said, I can rotate defensive lineman in and out every play if I want. I can platoon WRs if I want. I can swap my whole defense out all at once if I have to, or just do it by position. Same with the offense.

I don't know if that helps you but that's how I addressed it. I don't like the auto sub sliders because I can't anticipate when someone will be taken out.

Well I have all my custom packages already done. That's not what I'm asking. I'm talking about realistic fatigue. Like your 330 llb DT not playing every down in the game, and your RB resting after an 80 yard run. That is the domain of the auto sub feature.

Because in real life of course you can't anticipate when someone will need a play or two off. That is purpose of trying to perfect this.

CutThatMeat
12-11-2005, 06:55 PM
What EA really needs to do is introduce positional sliders, then they can think about realistic fatigue. I may want my RB to be out there longer than my D-line, but if the fatigue was more realistic I would have to change the auto-subs alot since it affects the whole team.

Without position specific sliders, realisitc fatigue would get really old really fast as you would want to leave some players out there longer before they were pulled. Yeah, I may want to pull my CB's when they reach 85% but I want to leave my Safeties out there till 80%, stuff like that.

Brutal Attack
12-11-2005, 07:25 PM
Well obviously the STAMINA stat will vary that also. Which is the same thing your talking about. DT have low STA and CBs have high STA etc etc. That functions the same.

Precarious42
12-13-2005, 06:24 AM
I had a fairly high sub out/sub in slider level and in a game I ran quite a bit. My 1st sting HB after about 15-18 carries, just didn't come back into the game...wasn't injured, had good stamina rating, etc. Then starting mid 4th, it went to my 3rd string HB carrying the ball. In the final minute of the game somehow my punter ended up as my HB. I couldn't substitute, couldn't fix it in my depth chart...it sucked. So be careful how high you put that rating.

Elandil Eldaron
12-13-2005, 06:50 AM

I did the same thing, create packages with subs. I have packages for the Dline, 2TE receiving, packages for pass rushing Lbs. So i can play most of my subs and help groom some young players.

realhawker
12-13-2005, 07:35 AM
I have auto sub sliders very high, and they never seem to sub out my players...

I would have to run it 6 times in a row with my RB for them to sub him for one play.

bucfanstamp
12-13-2005, 12:22 PM
your punter in for your RB? how about your 3rd string QB? lol i thought i could have fresh legs in every play if i set my sliders to 90...boy was i kidding myself. you better have 5 backs if you want that to happen...and well, i traded 2 of those in the preseason.

Jon_Doh
12-13-2005, 01:40 PM
Sub a fullback or TE for a halfback, never a punter or WR or QB.

bucfanstamp
12-13-2005, 01:43 PM
no no...with high substitution sliders, it seems like once you hit a certain number of att. the cpu automatically benches that player and you can't sub anyone in...