PDA

View Full Version : How do u double cover receivers on ps2?

ballaman
12-15-2006, 10:32 PM
How do u double team receivers on ps2? Also, my friend plays with the bengals and I can't stop his offense. He either runs up the middle with rudi or throws passes to houshmanzadeh and deep balls to chad johnson. What is an effective way to stop this offense. My other friend uses the cardinals and likes to use the carolina playbook on offense. He likes to run with edgerrin, throw out to him in the flats or run a streaks play with fitzgerald and boldin going deep and he hot routes his tight end pope-who is 6'7-to a curl route on the right side. Also, edgerrin goes out into the flats on this play if pope is covered on the play because it is usually single coverage with one of the two. Please give me some tips to stop these two potent offenses. I like to use the chargers, but I'm thinking about trying out the steelers. Thanks.

sumtingwong
12-16-2006, 08:19 AM
not sure about ps2 exact controls but:

coverage audible+receiver's icon+right on the control pad or the left analog stick

that will audible whichever defender you are currently controlling to man cover the receiver who's icon you picked, and whichever defender who had that assignment before will still keep it so you'll have two defenders on that guy.

the chargers weakness is their secondary, their cornerbacks are awful. against the first guy, you probably want to be using two man under a lot so that whenever he goes deep it will be to double coverage. also you move defenders closer to the line to stop the run but make sure your safeties aren't too close and can still get back.

against that play with the cardinals, you also want to use two man under to cover the deep ball. if they only go to streak and fades and never deep posts, you can shade your safeties to the outside (coverage audible+up on the right analog stick). to cover a rb to the flats you should use individual bump n run on him (coverage audible+rb's icon+down on the control pad or left analog stick) this will make whichever defender is manned up on him cover him much quicker and you won't have to worry about him anymore. that leaves pope, you can drop your defensive end on whichever side pope is on into a yellow zone (select him and press up on the right analog stick) which will help cover the curl.

gl

Rodplus
12-17-2006, 03:34 PM
Switch to the defender you wish to double team with. Press Triangle, then the icon of the receiver you wished to be double teamed, then press RIGHT on the D-Pad.

Biggyjames
12-29-2006, 09:44 AM
^^^^^^^^ best running back ever barry sanders.

im tired of everyone talkin all this bull**** about LT and how hes the best ever. pleasse. Noone and i mean noone made cuts like barry and moved the way he did. That nigga broke peoples ankles on the football field not the basketball court. That and considering the team he played for all his career, noone compares. hollla