7 Minute Quarters
Accelerated Clock On (15 Second Run Off)
Accelerated Presentation On
* Absolutely No Glitching. Examples of a glitch would be FG/Punt Block. As far as nanos/enhanced blitz schemes go we do not consider them glitches since they can be countered with good offensive play calling.
If you suspect someone is glitching, save the highlight, record it, or take a screen shot. Upload It, post it on yourtube, or email it. Let's talk about it before jumping to conclusions. Don't get mad cause you lost. Not everyone calls plays the same as you either. Don't expect everyone to play like you. But save the highlight and yet give the benefit of the doubt.
If your opponent uses a glitch, send them a reminder message right away. If they do it again, finish the game anyway and PM one of us afterwards describing what happened. Both owners will be asked for their side of what happened. Please try to use the highlight feature for proof of being glitched, this will help your cause a lot.
Each glitch play will be voted on by the league and added to the addendum at the bottom of this thread.
* No Quitting Games. Absolutely not allowed. If you quit, consider yourself removed from the league.
* Pausing Games. Only pause at the play call screen, never when players are going to the line of scrimmage, or during a play. Sometimes the situation warrants a pause. Some owners have kids and/or a demanding wife (Wive's like to say: if you have time for madden, you have time for us). So if an owner pauses the game, give him a shout on messenger, find out whats going on and please allow the owner time to deal with what is going on.
* No B1tching. We cannot have owners come on these boards constantly complaining. It ruins the fun for everybody. Be a man. Be cool. We're not your longtime buddy that you can curse at and still be cool afterwards. Moderate your speech, especially online and let it slide. Try not to be easily upset.
* This is not a rule, but a general guideline or league principle
Mix up your playcalling ! You should try to incorporate a wide variety of plays in your offensive and defensive arsenal. This increases the enjoyment of everyone in the league. We realize everyones got a few plays they like to run, but to run the same one or two plays all game makes for a boring game. Just make an effort to mix in other plays throughout the game. When the game is on the line, then by all means use your best plays.
4th down rules: If you are on your opponents side of the field, feel free to go for it at anytime. If you are on your side of the field, punt the ball.
If you are on your own side of the field and its 4th and inches, you may go for it.
If you are down in the 4th quarter, you may for it anywhere in the field if you do choose go for it.
No rule against running up the score, but if you're up by 25 you may want to pound the ball and use the clock. No ones getting a prize for racking up the most points or yardage.
Onside kicks: Only allowed in the 2nd half only if you are losing
A no-huddle offense is allowed except after an incomplete pass.
Goal Line Formation Usage: It can be only used inside 10 yard line on either side of the field or in short yardage situations such as 3rd and inches or 4th and inches.
FG and Extra Points: No defenders can be moved period before snap. If you move a defender, its an automatic loss of downs on your next possession. You must punt the ball on first down. If you do it again, then your out of league.
Play your games in the true spirit of the game. Everyone here knows what that means. We also know what good sportsmanship means. We know the game can be emotional at times, but limit any posts that bash your opponent afterwards. In fact, don't post right after a loss if you are emotional. Just back off.
This is really simple. Offensive players must play offense, Defensive players must play defense. Other than that, feel free to move players where you want, you are the coach of your team.
Last edited by Booker T316; 03-30-2010 at 02:02 PM.