As we start another season of Madden we expect you guys to adhere to the FASL's Leagues rules no exceptions. This is not a SIM league nor a freestyle league but there are certain rules we would like you guys to follow to uphold fair play and keep the league competitive for everyone no matter what Madden level they may be. Here are some basic rules we expect all owners to follow. They will change through the season as we know more about the game but for now this is what is expected. Please read them carefully and in the event of someone breaking one of said rules, please contact me with all evidence (eg. pictures, EA highlight, videos, AIM/text messages) that you may have so the other commissioners and I can make the appropriate call. If there's sufficient evidence you will be issued a warning 1st offense and booted if it happens again.
Before it gets to us though try resolve it amongst yourself like respectable adults
- QB Spy Blitz, Turbo blitzes, DT stand up glitch (prowl bear look is allowed, know the difference between that and manually standing up the DT), Nano schemes are banned! (if am max protecting having 6 or more guys blocking and slide protecting and you still get through untouched that's a Nano and it's a no no in this league). You can show blitz but please do not Nano.
- Moving D lineman off the line of scrimmage pre-snap is banned.
- Manually blocking FG's or punts is banned.
- no shake Defenses allowed.
- All HB or WR passes are banned except for Wildcat passes.
- Audibling down and putting receivers as HB's/TE's is banned (they have to stay and block if you do that)
- Flipping plays millions of times on O and D to trick the AI and cause confusion is banned.
- Motioned C and Z routes are banned! (hopefully this is fixed n M12)
- Running around in circles with your defensive player and timing the snap is a no.
- No defensive player should be put in as a receiver nor offensive player as DB's or TE's etc.
- Your are allowed to put in an HB only as 4th, 5th or 6th receiver on the depth chart.
4th Down Rule:
If you are up by 10 or more point, then you must punt or kick fg. PERIOD. Unless it's one of these scenarios:
- 4th and 1 or less (past the 50)
- Down by 14 or more (anywhere any quarter)
- If you are loosing or the game is tied (4th Qtr only)
No Huddle Offense:
- Is allowed after the 2 minute warning at the end of each half. You can no huddle once or twice a series but that is it. Don't make it a habit, restrict it to only after the 2 minute warning at the end of each half.
Fake FG/PUNT/Onside Kick:
- If the 4th down rule does not apply to the situation you are not allowed to use Fake FG or Fake Punt. Again, do you not use fake fg or punt if you are not allowed to go for it. Onside kicks are only allowed in the 2nd half if you are losing by 14 or more.
- Do not disrespect players via any means of communication. I'm expecting everyone to behave like adults even if you are not. Most of us are grown men with families and do not have time for BS. Keep civil at all times please. It's not much to ask since we've know each other for the most part through the years.
No disco glitches or quitting:
- There's no quitting in this league or disco glitches. If the EA server drops your games during the 1st half start the game over and proceed. Don't know how EA is going to handle quitters this year. If it's anything like the last 2 years, you will get the option to finish the game or get the win if your opponent quits. This rule will get updated once we get the game and see how this function work.
XFN and the League:
- All league transactions must made through XFN and XFN only! The only thing you should be doing on PS3 is playing your games. If I catch anyone signing/dropping/trading players on PS3 you will loose those players and will not be allowed to get them back so think twice before you do. One warning is good enough and if it continues you will be booted from the league. We're salary cap league for a reason. Learn to manage your roster around your budget. PLEASE.
That is it for now, we will updates these rules as the season progress and we find out more about the game.
Enjoy Gents and good luck!