My Purchases | Contact
Powered By Prima Games
Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Network Timeout

Network Timeout

I've been having issues with this version of Madden since I purchased if a few weeks back. My record and DNC% is the highest it has ever been in any Madden game even though I have no connection problems in other games.

Well, tonight I DMZed my router and I played Fifa for a couple of hours. I played six games with no lag, no slowdowns, no hangups, no disconnects. I figured my problems were solved.

I then went to play Madden, and my first game was really laggy. So laggy my opponent missed an extra point.

I dominated him all game, and then the game froze up after I scored a touchdown. It says I had been disconnected because of a network timeout.

I figured it was EAs servers and left it alone. I decided to try my luck again. One again, I'm dominating the game... this time by the end of the 3rd quarter, I score a touchdown, before I'm about to kick off, I get the same message and it gives me the loss and DNC%.

I reset my router/modem. I reconnect Wifi on the PS3, I start fresh and try a third time. Once again, the game is extremely laggy, I get a quick score on offense, a fumble return on defense. I score a long touchdown, before I'm about to make the extra point the game hangs and it says the same thing. I've been disconnected due to a network timeout.

Is this some kind of glitch people are pulling now? Is my connection butting heads with EAs server or is this just extremely bad luck?

Has this happened to anyone before?
    PSN: skiptomylou_11

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: CAPRICORN-JEDI7

Arrow its not a glitch

when you get disconnected due to a network timeout it means something on YOUR END is slowing down and/or lagging connection..

Basically your connection is bad or something on your end is causing excessive lag to cause a network timeout..

or more specifically:

The more obscure kicks, however, come in the form of being removed for “Network Timeouts”. Without going into too many details, these occur because we have determined that something on your end is degrading the gameplay experience for your opponent. This type of kick is only used in more extreme situations, because we do not want to kick users who are not acting maliciously. However, the bottom line is, if you are kicked for “Network Timeouts” it is because something on your end of the connection is degrading your opponent’s play experience (i.e inducing lag, hitching, etc).

In the past, many of these issues were simply communicated to the user in the form of a “Peer has Disconnected” popup. Based on community feedback, we decided to communicate why the peer was kicked instead of identifying it as a general problem. In short, nothing has changed on the functionality side, we’re simply now accurately communicating to users why games are ending.

that is taken from EAs article ONLINE PLAY DEMYSTIFIED.. You can read the full article here:

http://www.ea.com/madden-nfl/blog/online-demystified

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: CAPRICORN-JEDI7

Network timeouts

it also could be the slim chance you have a bad disc and its trying to read parts of the disc and thats causing the lag..

If your only having this problem with Madden thats the only thing I can think of...

That sounds like a load of bull**** from EA. Why don't I have any issues on Fifa, which is also an EA product? I played NCAA 12 briefly and through about 20 games I had 0 DNC. On Madden 11, same connection, I had less than 10% disconnection in over 200 games. I did encounter a lot of lag the last couple of months I played it, but for the most part it was fine. It makes no sense that nothing has changed yet my connection is horrible only on Madden.

Good idea on the disk. I might have to go get it exchanged and see if it helps. Offline it tends to skip on cinematics at times. Not sure if that is related, but it couldn't hurt to get a new disk and see if it helps.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I had this same problem....call your internet provider...its your connection 100%....

I did. They gave me some BS about not being able to do any troubleshooting due to me having a router. I ended up connecting the modem straight to the computer, downloaded some game, which was about 2 gigs and lost connection several times.

I called them back and they said they experienced no disconnections from their servers. That it wasn't on their end.

Anyway, the disconnections have stopped since. My DC% is going down gradually, so there's that at least.

Thread Information