My Purchases | Contact
Powered By Prima Games
Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
+ Reply to Thread

Video capture devices high quality, low size?

Does anyone know any devices capable of capturing hi quality video, but keeps the size of the movie file low?

I know I know - that goes against the rules. Just seeing if anything is out there?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeJGibbs View Post
    Does anyone know any devices capable of capturing hi quality video, but keeps the size of the movie file low?

I know I know - that goes against the rules. Just seeing if anything is out there?

I get decent quality out of what I use after I render the video through Sony Vegas, but I have to play whatever I'm recording in SD
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCXAJwawzvg

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Need a little more information.

What are you recording?
    Do you want to record to your PC or a standalone recorder?
    USB or is PCI ok?

Anyhow, I use Avermedia HD DVR PCI card in my PC to capture. It does just fine for me and keeps the size at about 2.5gb for a hour of video recorded at 720p.

You could always just render and compress the video yourself as Ravenmaniac said to reduce the size but that is time consuming and very CPU/HDD intensive.

This is an impact WR - don't just look at numbers!

Quote Originally Posted by YoDaddy View Post
    Need a little more information.

What are you recording?
    Do you want to record to your PC or a standalone recorder?
    USB or is PCI ok?

Anyhow, I use Avermedia HD DVR PCI card in my PC to capture. It does just fine for me and keeps the size at about 2.5gb for a hour of video recorded at 720p.

You could always just render and compress the video yourself as Ravenmaniac said to reduce the size but that is time consuming and very CPU/HDD intensive.
    Sorry -- I was unclear.

Thinking along the lines of a handheld device., iPhone 4S records at 1080p, but not real conducive to creating videos on the go and emailing them because they're too large.

I found an app that you can adjust the resolution for smaller file sizes, and use an FTP server to upload/exchange the data.

Sorry -- I was unclear.

Thinking along the lines of a handheld device., iPhone 4S records at 1080p, but not real conducive to creating videos on the go and emailing them because they're too large.

I found an app that you can adjust the resolution for smaller file sizes, and use an FTP server to upload/exchange the data.
    There are a couple of high end up-skirt cameras that can give you high quality and low file size.

Indecline Guest
    Depends what your using it for but a gopro might work.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: McMadden

Try this, and there is a free trial version.

http://www.wondershare.com/pro/mac-video-converter.html

Thread Information