My Purchases | Contact
Powered By Prima Games
Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by QBStokes4 View Post
    Miami is ****ed. i already know it
    Sources tell me Ireland hasn't called Tannehill's mother a whore yet so it is pretty much a done deal.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Indecline Guest
    I wonder if the Browns take Richardson at 4 since they released Hillis.

Here's a cool chart I found today comparing draft success and winning. Doesn't necessarily mean much but it's interesting.

https://skydrive.live.com/view.aspx?...ac94&app=Excel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: GAV60
    I want a big, strong, hard-hitting, bad-@$$ linebacker, but the Eagles will probably pick DL.

I think Trent Richardson may be good enough to transcend being another Alabama RB who doesn't hit the hole quickly enough, kind of like Aaron Rodgers was able to transcend beyong being just another Cal QB, but his skills won't translate right away. The rhythm of blocks setting up at Alabama is slower than that of any NFL team. So, players coming out of Alabama have learned to read blocks and hit the hole slower than they will have to at the next level. He does have nice explosiveness though, so he has a shot. I just don't think it happens for him right away. He has some unlearning to do.

Luck and RGIII are both going to be the ibish.

I'de like to see the Eagles get LaMichael James in the 3rd. I think he fits the Darren Sproles-type mold - and that he can really help make an offense go.
    Last edited by GAV; 04-22-2012 at 10:54 AM.

Who do you want your team to draft?

What do you want your team to do in the draft? I will start.

With the 29th pick, and given our needs and history, I think the prospect of trading up/down in the first is big possibility.

Trading up: I think that if Donta Hightower drops into the low 20's, we should trade up and try to get him. It might also be worth going up a FEW picks to get Dave Dicastro.

If we stay: Unless someone unexpected slides, I would really like to see us trade back if we can't get Hightower. There are a whole bunch of guys that could help us that will probably be had in the early to mid 2nd round. If we could trade back from 29 and pick up an extra 3rd rounder that would be a great way to go. I would like to stay and make a pick if Cordy Glenn is still there.

If we trade back: If we trade back into the second round, there is a pretty good chance that one of these guys would be available. Peter Konz, Kevin Zeiter, Stephen Hill, Amini Silatolu, Mike Adams.

Also, with all the talk about Vontez Burfict not getting drafted, I would love to see the Ravens use a late round pick on him and allow him to learn from Ray Lewis.

Indecline Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sideoutshu View Post
    What do you want your team to do in the draft? I will start.

With the 29th pick, and given our needs and history, I think the prospect of trading up/down in the first is big possibility.

Trading up: I think that if Donta Hightower drops into the low 20's, we should trade up and try to get him. It might also be worth going up a FEW picks to get Dave Dicastro.

If we stay: Unless someone unexpected slides, I would really like to see us trade back if we can't get Hightower. There are a whole bunch of guys that could help us that will probably be had in the early to mid 2nd round. If we could trade back from 29 and pick up an extra 3rd rounder that would be a great way to go. I would like to stay and make a pick if Cordy Glenn is still there.

If we trade back: If we trade back into the second round, there is a pretty good chance that one of these guys would be available. Peter Konz, Kevin Zeiter, Stephen Hill, Amini Silatolu, Mike Adams.

Also, with all the talk about Vontez Burfict not getting drafted, I would love to see the Ravens use a late round pick on him and allow him to learn from Ray Lewis.
    If the Ravens got Hightower that LB core would be unstoppable.

Do they really have a need for a MLB though? Isn't Ellerbe a good player?

Quote Originally Posted by Indecline View Post
    If the Ravens got Hightower that LB core would be unstoppable.

Do they really have a need for a MLB though? Isn't Ellerbe a good player?
    Ellerbe is solid but he is in the last year of his deal and they will be really thin when ray retires.

-Trade up and take richardson or stay put and take baron or hightower(i.e. a safety or ILB who can cover tight ends and guys between the hash marks)

-dont take ingrarm.

-use a later pick on Shawn Loiseau the kid from merimack.

Quote Originally Posted by H1tStick View Post
    Draft is less than a week away. We've done some (turrrible, Lev ಠ_ಠ) mocks, but in regard to your team, who do you want them to take, and who do you want to stay away from?

I want:

Decastro. Last time we raised some eyebrows and took a guard mid-first, it turned out to be one of the best guards ever. Decastro, I think he can be better than Hutch.

Do not want:

Couples, lazy player. I feel laziness is a character deficiency that is almost impossible to overcome. I wouldn't hate the pick, because we need the rush help, but I am very cautious.

Dontari Poe, If you struggle against conference USA, how well do you expect to do against the best athletes in the world?

Mark Barron. There's been several rumors of Seattle taking Barron, and moving Chancellor to a hybrid safety/LB role. Makes zero sense to me. We have the best young safety tandem in the league, I see no reason to mess with it.
    WTF you blaming me for? Kevin stole my picks and blew the **** up with crappy players.

Originally Posted by d_fense
    will you lab with me sometime big gene. I'm on ps2 with the headset

Indecline Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by levdgg View Post
    WTF you blaming me for? Kevin stole my picks and blew the **** up with crappy players.
    NO! STOP IT!

You need to take responsibilty for your actions Lev and stop blaming others.

Quote Originally Posted by Indecline View Post
    NO! STOP IT!

You need to take responsibilty for your actions Lev and stop blaming others.
    LOL das my boy right here.

Originally Posted by d_fense
    will you lab with me sometime big gene. I'm on ps2 with the headset

The Jets desperately need a Safety that can cover since they have a linebacker playing strong safety (Landry) but the even greater need is an Impact pass rusher. Which makes it look like one of those dudes from the National Champions are on the wish list. Barron at Safety or Upshaw at OLB.

I'm not really that sold on Upshaw to be honest and I really don't think we get Barron at 16. So I guess what I'm saying is... The Jets will trade up and get Trent Richardson. LOL

Hard being a Jets fan....
    Why do we even play Madden?

I really want Pittsburgh to draft an O lineman especially with all the preaching about Ben staying healthy and not putting himself at risk of getting hit. The main reason why he does that is because the line is patchwork at best. Jonathan Martin would be a good pick at their spot, but there should be someone around who is first round quality.

I'd also like to see them draft a speed back who can catch passes or return kicks so Antonio Brown can just play WR, in rounds 2-4.

Corner/safety and ILB depth also need to be addressed at some point.

I think they will also take a hard look at Dontari Poe if he's around, and while I thought he'd be a perfect fit early on, the more I read about him makes me doubt it. Just because he has size and strength doesn't mean he'll automatically perform, because he did nothing in college. If a team can coach him up, he'll be fine but if he comes to a team without a strong defense, he'll make no impact.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat View Post
    I really want Pittsburgh to draft an O lineman especially with all the preaching about Ben staying healthy and not putting himself at risk of getting hit. The main reason why he does that is because the line is patchwork at best. Jonathan Martin would be a good pick at their spot, but there should be someone around who is first round quality.

I'd also like to see them draft a speed back who can catch passes or return kicks so Antonio Brown can just play WR, in rounds 2-4.

Corner/safety and ILB depth also need to be addressed at some point.

I think they will also take a hard look at Dontari Poe if he's around, and while I thought he'd be a perfect fit early on, the more I read about him makes me doubt it. Just because he has size and strength doesn't mean he'll automatically perform, because he did nothing in college. If a team can coach him up, he'll be fine but if he comes to a team without a strong defense, he'll make no impact.
    I think their #1 priority should be getting someone to replace Casey Hampton. This draft has several options, but they all might be gone when the Steelers pick. They have a big need at guard, and I am hoping they don't go that route as I would like one to fall to us.

Thread Information