My Purchases | Contact
Powered By Prima Games
Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sgibs PSN ID: MaddenBible

USER Catching - Madden 13 & NCAA 13

how has everyone felt about user catching in this years game so far? my initial thoughts - I want to make a quick mad-den tv about it later on.

BIG Targets with elite CIT 90+ are difficult to stop much like madden 12
    On the flip side I feel that with a user defender matching animations and sometimes getter better animations the defense is much better equipped to stop user catching this year. I also think that the catch tackles in this years game is a big deal. Its one of the most "not" talked about upgrades to both games. It makes the defense have a last ditch effort on every play to break the catch up with an awr defender.

I know you guys havent played madden 13 yet but what do you think abotu ncaa 13 user catching? (very similar to madden)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow our Twitch.TV channel

Greensboro, North Carolina (4 years) by way of Calhoun County, South Carolina (25 years)
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Calhoun County
    Quote Originally Posted by sgibs7 View Post
    how has everyone felt about user catching in this years game so far? my initial thoughts - I want to make a quick mad-den tv about it later on.

BIG Targets with elite CIT 90+ are difficult to stop much like madden 12
    On the flip side I feel that with a user defender matching animations and sometimes getter better animations the defense is much better equipped to stop user catching this year. I also think that the catch tackles in this years game is a big deal. Its one of the most "not" talked about upgrades to both games. It makes the defense have a last ditch effort on every play to break the catch up with an awr defender.

I know you guys havent played madden 13 yet but what do you think abotu ncaa 13 user catching? (very similar to madden)
    This all depends on what type of user catcher you are. I have notice more range on passes in the demo. It will all come down to really finding the right pass leads. It'll be a tough transition for guys who depended on the face catch animation the pass 2 years. So far though I love it

Next Gen Gamer Tag(XB1): Calhoun County

Do you think there is less of an advantage this year for people who user catch vs people who let player ratings decide on if a pass is completed?

Also can users still make a defender do an unrealistic user catch? IE defender trailing the wr with his back to the ball suddenly leaps to the side and makes a one handed or over the shoulder animation just because they hit the catch button and triggered an animation despite the defender never seeing the ball.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: bearsfan217
    dont know yet, ive only played the demo for maybe 2 hours and that was to put together some ncaa13 vids... i did notice (for me anyways), it was easier to user catch without holding the sprint button down... and i was kinda struggling with the Pass Leading...

do ya have any tips on the Pass Lead? Gibbs? CC?

sig by Benasty2em!!

My Madden & NCAA Channel:

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Calhoun County View Post
    This all depends on what type of user catcher you are. I have notice more range on passes in the demo. It will all come down to really finding the right pass leads. It'll be a tough transition for guys who depended on the face catch animation the pass 2 years. So far though I love it
    i just love the fact that the defense has the ability to match what the offense is doing #gamechanger

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by trouse View Post
    Do you think there is less of an advantage this year for people who user catch vs people who let player ratings decide on if a pass is completed?

Also can users still make a defender do an unrealistic user catch? IE defender trailing the wr with his back to the ball suddenly leaps to the side and makes a one handed or over the shoulder animation just because they hit the catch button and triggered an animation despite the defender never seeing the ball.
    i always thinkg you want to user catch - gives you the best chance to change the outcome of hte play.

with the new catch animations you will see receivers get triggered into specific animations based on where they are on the field. they look MUCH better then the one canned animation from years passed

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by bearsfan217 View Post
    dont know yet, ive only played the demo for maybe 2 hours and that was to put together some ncaa13 vids... i did notice (for me anyways), it was easier to user catch without holding the sprint button down... and i was kinda struggling with the Pass Leading...

im not pass leading AT ALL with TCP it moves the ball to much. Im just throwing stock routes and bullet passes - click on and making a play based on my positioing to the defender. its sooo nice

Greensboro, North Carolina (4 years) by way of Calhoun County, South Carolina (25 years)
    Gamer IDs

You gotta watch DB for all coverages and know when they bail. I did this for years and only a found out a few months ago it worked in Madden 12. Usering vs press coverage is the easiest because the defender can't click on and make a play and find this to be the case in the NCAA demo as well. Lose you wait for the WR to get 12-15 yards upfield, zone you have to throw right as they bail. It takes timing and getting a field for all the coverage depths. I showed a lab partner finally and he said "dude I wish I knew this all year". You can do it with any QB but its 99% consistent with the top tier guys. Its the only thing I do on release night when these games drop. The ability to user doesn't limit you to certain books and formation because of "money" plays and route combos. You can scheme with any book. This shortest distance between 2 points is a straight line, so why build around long developing routes when you can just master the pass lead for a streak and build around it. Then take it up a notch and master the deep post, the post lead for it is and has always been a "backwards lead".

Gamer IDs

You gotta watch the DBS for all coverages and know when they bail. I did this for years and only a found out a few months ago it worked in Madden 12. Usering vs press coverage is the easiest because the defender can't click on and make a play and find this to be the case in the NCAA demo as well. LoOse you wait for the WR to get 12-15 yards upfield, zone you have to throw right as they bail. It takes timing and getting a feel for all the coverage depths. I showed a lab partner finally and he said "dude I wish I knew this all year". You can do it with any QB but its 99% consistent with the top tier guys. Its the only thing I do on release night when these games drop. The ability to user doesn't limit you to certain books and formation because of "money" plays and route combos. You can scheme with any book. This shortest distance between 2 points is a straight line, so why build around long developing routes when you can just master the pass lead for a streak and build around it. Then take it up a notch and master the deep post, the post lead for it is and has always been a "backwards lead". Learn to read pre snap without bunch and compression sets. Spread it out.

Gamer IDs

You gotta watch DB for all coverages and know when they bail. I did this for years and only a found out a few months ago it worked in Madden 12. Usering vs press coverage is the easiest because the defender can't click on and make a play and find this to be the case in the NCAA demo as well. Lose you wait for the WR to get 12-15 yards upfield, zone you have to throw right as they bail. It takes timing and getting a field for all the coverage depths. I showed a lab partner finally and he said "dude I wish I knew this all year". You can do it with any QB but its 99% consistent with the top tier guys. Its the only thing I do on release night when these games drop. The ability to user doesn't limit you to certain books and formation because of "money" plays and route combos. You can scheme with any book. This shortest distance between 2 points is a straight line, so why build around long developing routes when you can just master the pass lead for a streak and build around it. Then take it up a notch and master the deep post, the post lead for it is and has always been a "backwards lead".
    this is the best post I have read on a madden forum in a long long time.

love it CC. quick question - are you talking about just snap throwing the streak or are you clicking on at a certain point for the catch?

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by sgibs7 View Post
    this is the best post I have read on a madden forum in a long long time.

love it CC. quick question - are you talking about just snap throwing the streak or are you clicking on at a certain point for the catch?
    Clicking on at a certain point.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: bearsfan217
    You gotta watch the DBS for all coverages and know when they bail. I did this for years and only a found out a few months ago it worked in Madden 12. Usering vs press coverage is the easiest because the defender can't click on and make a play and find this to be the case in the NCAA demo as well. LoOse you wait for the WR to get 12-15 yards upfield, zone you have to throw right as they bail. It takes timing and getting a feel for all the coverage depths. I showed a lab partner finally and he said "dude I wish I knew this all year". You can do it with any QB but its 99% consistent with the top tier guys. Its the only thing I do on release night when these games drop. The ability to user doesn't limit you to certain books and formation because of "money" plays and route combos. You can scheme with any book. This shortest distance between 2 points is a straight line, so why build around long developing routes when you can just master the pass lead for a streak and build around it. Then take it up a notch and master the deep post, the post lead for it is and has always been a "backwards lead". Learn to read pre snap without bunch and compression sets. Spread it out.
    yea just got some free time to mess around with it abit, and the Pass Lead can be deadly... its actually doable to make back shoulder catches, im just not consistant with it yet. Id put a video up of it, but stuck in a hotel for a month in AZ for work :/

For your Deep Post route ya talking abit, is it a actual post route, or streak that you pass leaded and kinda turned into a post? When you sayd backwards lead, is that a down and to the outside on the stick?

Thanks

sig by Benasty2em!!

My Madden & NCAA Channel:

Gamer IDs

yea just got some free time to mess around with it abit, and the Pass Lead can be deadly... its actually doable to make back shoulder catches, im just not consistant with it yet. Id put a video up of it, but stuck in a hotel for a month in AZ for work :/

For your Deep Post route ya talking abit, is it a actual post route, or streak that you pass leaded and kinda turned into a post? When you sayd backwards lead, is that a down and to the outside on the stick?

Thanks
    Actual deep post, pass lead it left if the post is on the right and vice versa.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: GAV60
    M12 had the best offensive user catching controls of any Madden ever. I would like to see the defensive user controls improved to match it, rather than see it toned back. Taking away responsiveness is a great way to lose customers.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by GAV View Post
    M12 had the best offensive user catching controls of any Madden ever. I would like to see the defensive user controls improved to match it, rather than see it toned back. Taking away responsiveness is a great way to lose customers.
    well your going to like madden 13 then. because the defense has all the animations to match what the offense is doing.

u just have to trigger them to match it

Thread Information