My Purchases | Contact
Powered By Prima Games
Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
+ Reply to Thread
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: McMadden

Exclamation Ouya: a $99 hackable Android game console

Interesting, very interesting.

We don't often report on startups without a physical product to their name, but when you've got sponsors like Ouya does, it's hard not to pay attention. ~~~ It's not just Jawbone Jambox and One Laptop Per Child designer Yves Behar who's on board. The project's advisors also include Ed Fries of Xbox fame, Amol Sarva of Peek, Peter Pham of Color, and counts Julie Uhrman of IGN as its founder and CEO. There's also a gentleman named Muffi Ghadiali, who appears to be leaving Amazon's Lab126 where he helped ship Kindle. At $99, the Ouya would be playing in the same space as Google TV boxes like Vizio's Co-Star, but we're eager to see what games Ouya might attract.
    http://www.theverge.com/2012/7/2/313...-by-yves-behar
    Last edited by McMadden; 07-04-2012 at 12:55 PM.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: GiantNFC7 PSN ID: NYYGIANTS781
    Another cool story bro.
    Welker a possesion WR's just like all Caucasian WR's so when you can no longer do that, you gotta sit the bench or learn how to kick FGs or Punts -STICKTHEVICKTIM

Wonder why it's not a hackable device running the iphone os (I don't say ios, because ios is cisco....not sure how apple manages to use that)?

Sarcasm aside, there are no phone games that I want to play on my tv....none. I don't even like playing games on my phone (not counting wwf or scramble or drawsome or hwf).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

These guys just raised 1.1 million dollars on Kickstarter within 8 hours.. pretty impressive.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    - Blog:

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Live From Reno PSN ID: NevadaBallin
    Quote Originally Posted by rhythmatic View Post
    These guys just raised 1.1 million dollars on Kickstarter within 8 hours.. pretty impressive.
    I'm in on it. Love it.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Warbuck$_Redux View Post
    Wonder why it's not a hackable device running the iphone os (I don't say ios, because ios is cisco....not sure how apple manages to use that)?

Sarcasm aside, there are no phone games that I want to play on my tv....none. I don't even like playing games on my phone (not counting wwf or scramble or drawsome or hwf).

Is this just about playing mobile and tablet games on my TV?
    No. Nope. Nyet. Nein. Can we say it more clearly?

OUYA was not created merely to host ports of existing Android games. We’ve built this badboy to play the most creative content from today’s best known AAA game designers as well as adored indie gamemakers.

That said, we believe many existing Android games will feel bigger and better on a TV with a real controller. And we’ve heard from developers like Brian Fargo and Adam Saltsman that the controller will be the most exciting reason to develop for OUYA. We hope they speak for all developers when they say OUYA will inspire new forms of gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevada_Ballin View Post

. We’ve built this badboy to play the most creative content from today’s best known AAA game designers

Good luck with that, having no video hardware.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by H1tStick View Post
    Good luck with that, having no video hardware.
    Not sure what that even means. It's designed to work from your TV like other consoles.

Specifications:

Tegra3 quad-core processor
    1GB RAM
    8GB of internal flash storage
    HDMI connection to the TV, with support for up to 1080p HD
    WiFi 802.11 b/g/n
    Bluetooth LE 4.0
    USB 2.0 (one)
    Wireless controller with standard controls (two analog sticks, d-pad, eight action buttons, a system button), a touchpad
    Android 4.0

Not sure what that even means. It's designed to work from your TV like other consoles.

Specifications:

Tegra3 quad-core processor
    1GB RAM
    8GB of internal flash storage
    HDMI connection to the TV, with support for up to 1080p HD
    WiFi 802.11 b/g/n
    Bluetooth LE 4.0
    USB 2.0 (one)
    Wireless controller with standard controls (two analog sticks, d-pad, eight action buttons, a system button), a touchpad
    Android 4.0

there is no GPU.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by maddenman1 View Post
    there is no GPU.
    The Tegra 3 quad core processor is the GPU

The GPU in Tegra 3 is an evolution of the Tegra 2 GPU, with twice the number of pixel shader units (8 compared to 4) and higher clock frequency. It can also output video up to 2560×1600 resolution and supports 1080p MPEG-4 AVC/h.264 40 Mbit/s High-Profile, VC1-AP, and DivX 5/6 video decode.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nvidia_Tegra#Tegra_3

Quote Originally Posted by rhythmatic View Post
    Over 3 million raised as of right now. Wow. Power to the people!

The Tegra 3 quad core processor is the GPU

That's the problem.

So this is basically like having a multimedia setup? I can build a massively better one for about 30 bucks more. I'm not hating, but this seems like a new shiny thing that will attract folks that don't care about anything besides being able to show it off once or twice. They've basically taken a high-end tablet, deconstructed it, made it crappier, and stuffed it in a brand new case (all parts from foxconn of course). If you have a 360 laying around, this is already obsolete, essentially.
    "When Rob Gronkowski was born, the average ***** size in North America went from 3 inches to six." -Some random dude

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: McMadden

Cool It tis done ................. Pledge goal of $950K and got $8.5 mil!!! GTHOH!

Our Kickstarter campaign is over, but you can still get an OUYA. Head over to www.ouya.tv for more info and to place an order.

We just added game streaming through OnLive! Final Fantasy will be on OUYA...and we have an exclusive game! And VEVO has agreed to put their music videos on OUYA, XBMC adds a streaming media app, with TuneIn and iHeartRadio adding music!

We're honored by all of you who are backing us -- THANK YOU. We are focused on delivering for you, first come first served. We can only promise OUYA by March to our Kickstarter backers.
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...o-game-console
    I thought they be lucky to get a lil over one mil, but 8 and a half!?!?!?!

And they still are taking pre-orders. http://www.ouya.tv

Thread Information