My Purchases | Contact
Powered By Prima Games
Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sgibs PSN ID: MaddenBible

How to Ball Hawk in Madden NFL 13

http://www.maddentips.com/madden-tra...-ballhawk-101/

Madden Training Camp How To Intercept Passes Ballhawk 101

Ballhawk in Madden NFL 13 means that anytime you hold Y (Xbox) or Triangle (PS3) your defender will try and make the best play possible on the ball.

BallHawk Madden 13 TipsIn Madden NFL 12, holding Y would just let you make a catch, but you still had to get into position with the left stick. Now the game will help you get to the spot of the ball as well, very similar to the defensive assist that you get by holding A (Xbox) or X (PS3).

The best way to intercept the ball last year was to strafe and get to the front of the catch circle as seen in our video on the EA Sports Blog

This season you want to be trailing the WR and you will leap up and snag the ball using ballhawk. Interceptions will be more prevalent than last season and it should make it easy for newer players to pick passes and go to the house!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow our Twitch.TV channel

Southeastern Washington, via Twin Cities, MN
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ctneyedjoertns
    Does that ballhawking button work for offensive players as well? Meaning will it make the best possible play on the ball that it can?

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Live From Reno PSN ID: NevadaBallin
    what happens if i hold defensive assist and ballhawk buttons down at the same time? lol

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Wolfman93011
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevada_Ballin View Post
    what happens if i hold defensive assist and ballhawk buttons down at the same time? lol

then you a noob lol
    Madden 25 best ground and pound running scheme. Madden 25 best Raider user. #WolverineJustice

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Live From Reno PSN ID: NevadaBallin
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman93011 View Post
    then you a noob lol
    or really old.... lol

So let me ask you this, if you are still using the left stick while holding down Y, will the game override your controls and move the player to the spot it chooses?

To put it simply, once I use "ballhawk, will I no longer have control of my player until I release the button? Or will I need to make sure to release the left stick if I intend to use the "ballhawk" feature to ensure it works correctly?
    Xbox Live GT: DirtySouthDan

Quote Originally Posted by MemphisDan View Post
    So let me ask you this, if you are still using the left stick while holding down Y, will the game override your controls and move the player to the spot it chooses?

To put it simply, once I use "ballhawk, will I no longer have control of my player until I release the button? Or will I need to make sure to release the left stick if I intend to use the "ballhawk" feature to ensure it works correctly?
    you completely lose control... just like D assist except you always go for the pick

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: NoCountry4_OlMen
    Quote Originally Posted by grimmagician87 View Post
    you completely lose control... just like D assist except you always go for the pick
    Or sure about this b/c I thought once you move the left analog, it comes out of the " Ball Hawk " animation. If Sgibs could answer this, surely would be helpful.

"You can't hurt this, I'm a machine jerk!"- Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by MrDefense View Post
    Or sure about this b/c I thought once you move the left analog, it comes out of the " Ball Hawk " animation. If Sgibs could answer this, surely would be helpful.
    I wanted to know this my self so I experimented... once the ball is in the air and you hold down Y you lose control of your player... I am sure 100%... now that is the demo.. it could change by retail I dont know

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MelloDramA
    It's just another way to make noobs more competitive but what it does it make good players even that make more stronger. I will be picking EVERYTHING off this year.

Flight-Boyz
    GT: Mellodrama
    Madden 11 playbooks

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: bearsfan217
    ball hawk just sounds stupid... phuck it, it will be to the point eventuallywhere you just pick a play, and let CPU do the work for ya

sig by Benasty2em!!

My Madden & NCAA Channel:

Quote Originally Posted by bearsfan217 View Post
    ball hawk just sounds stupid... phuck it, it will be to the point eventuallywhere you just pick a play, and let CPU do the work for ya
    the way i see it, if the defense is in a position where the `ballhawk` feature could make a play on the ball - thats probably a pass that you shouldnt have thrown - and if you end giving up a pick thats on you regardless if the player made a complete user pick or used the CPU assisted ballhawking system...

Although i would like to see some upside for USER CONTROL PLAYS (if done correctly...) - there should be some incentive for player to improve their skills and to risk using their skills to make a play.... Maybe players jump higher - or have an increase to their catching skills when they make a user play for the ball...

"Ball Hawk" just seems cheap to me.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: wvuinfla
    So the thing to do is hit B then Y on defense if ball is in the air to a player you are notcovering. We will have to be passing to open wr's that if B Y is hit it won't matter.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: DRSportz
    I don't now guyz ea could have hit the nail on the head with this one only if a patch comes when u have to get ur own angles or positions... Think about it how many times have u tried to pick a should have been made user pick on a deep ball only to get there and at perfect timing u wanted your guy to jump and attempt a pick only for your guy to just hit u with the tippy tose hands up cuz his angle was a little off or u tried to swat it but ur guy just did the thing where he he just fan at the player.... I don't know about the full blown auto pilot but it seems as a win win if they patch it where's u gotta get your own position on the play which can call for a strategic read by you as a lb or FS

Gotta see how this works out for scrubs before a make a call on it... But a positional/ get ur own angle patch is required for this feature to be atleast considered successful

Thread Information