My Purchases | Contact
Powered By Prima Games
Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Block Shedding

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Onlinesmanning

Block Shedding

You think maybe next year Madden could stop having such a bias towards 4-3 defenses? 4-3 defenses can stop the run too. Seattle has one of the strongest defenses yet they can BSH better than the Jets. Julius Peppers is only a 68 BSH that is ridiculous? You think there are 40 REs better at BSH than Peppers? He couldn't get a 75? I'm just saying reward 4-3 defenses that are good with some decent BSH too

Quote Originally Posted by OnlinesManning View Post
    You think maybe next year Madden could stop having such a bias towards 4-3 defenses? 4-3 defenses can stop the run too. Seattle has one of the strongest defenses yet they can BSH better than the Jets. Julius Peppers is only a 68 BSH that is ridiculous? You think there are 40 REs better at BSH than Peppers? He couldn't get a 75? I'm just saying reward 4-3 defenses that are good with some decent BSH too
    peppers is built pretty lean and athletic, remember in college i beleive he played some hoops for UNC also (still a big dude,muscular wise,but more on the lean side than mass side for a DE) i think this is a reason for his low block shed, he has always had a low block shed in madden ever since he was a rookie, i feel his other attributes and athleticism more than make up for the low block shed, he is still a top 5 DE in the game....

block shedding is really good on this years game, way better than previous maddens, a decent 4 down lineman rush can block shed and get sacks, run stopping isnt that hard either, gap integrity, and a good user can contain or blow runs up....

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Onlinesmanning
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckNut4eva View Post
    peppers is built pretty lean and athletic, remember in college i beleive he played some hoops for UNC also (still a big dude,muscular wise,but more on the lean side than mass side for a DE) i think this is a reason for his low block shed, he has always had a low block shed in madden ever since he was a rookie, i feel his other attributes and athleticism more than make up for the low block shed, he is still a top 5 DE in the game....

block shedding is really good on this years game, way better than previous maddens, a decent 4 down lineman rush can block shed and get sacks, run stopping isnt that hard either, gap integrity, and a good user can contain or blow runs up....
    6'7" 290 not a small guy. Its not good why aren't the Seahawks or Bears better bsh than the Bills

Blk Shed is so low because donny rarely goes back to adjust that rating.

Not to mention because the way that the overall rating is set up he has to tweek and mix and match ratings to get "his overall"..And in the process he cuts/raises ratings that should have never been touched..My guess is that if Peppers had his rightful blk shed he would be rated at a higher OVL than donny would want.

Another reason the get rid of the current OVL formula

Quote Originally Posted by WFColonel View Post

Not to mention because the way that the overall rating is set up he has to tweek and mix and match ratings to get "his overall"..And in the process he cuts/raises ratings that should have never been touched..My guess is that if Peppers had his rightful blk shed he would be rated at a higher OVL than donny would want.

i'm more miffed about jacquizz rogers speed rating than i'am about peppers block shed to be honest with ya!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by WFColonel View Post

I hate the OVR forumla .. How about a letter grade instead. This would still server the purpose of giving people quick knowledge of who is better but would not handcuff the actual ratings that matter.

Thread Information