While I agree with the majority of Rhombic's epic list, I'd just like to highlight some of the MAJOR problems with the game. I think we all realize this game will never be perfect, but if the following things were addressed, it would be exponentially better...
1. The deep ball has got to be toned down even more. Granted, it's slightly less effective than last year, but it's still way too effective. I don't care how accurate the QB is or how great someone is at User Catching, the odds of completing a pass when there are 3 or more defenders surrounding the WR should be slim to none. It should happen 1 in 20 times, at the most.
2. Momentum is out of control this year. I can understand a QB getting rattled after an INT, but it shouldn't make your entire team suck for the remainder of the game. Far too often, I've seen one bad play turn a close game into a blowout, or a sizeable lead into a loss. I know that there is momentum in real football, just as there are fumbles and INTs. But it seems like this year's game in particular has the highest likelihood of random CPU chicanery deciding the outcome of a game, rather than which coach actually called the better game.
3. The running game has been greatly improved on 06, which is a good thing, but it seems to be at the expense of defensive AI, rather than improved blocking. There is no reason a defender should continue to run backwards after a runner has crossed the LOS. It shouldn't be "cheesy" to simply call a play in the playbook and run it as it's designed, but that's what's happened with HB Direct this year. As soon as the runner crosses the LOS, all defenders should abandon their assignments and converge on the ball carrier.
4. No more kickers or punters as Impact Players. I don't care how good they are, they just aren't on the field enough to be worthy of Impact status. If they are having a good game, their stats will improve anyway. All Impact players should be position players.
5. Online play is a train wreck this year. Connection problems abound. People get losses even after they select "quit & don't count." The slowdown on kick returns is agonizing. It's no fun to play as or against LSU or Ga Tech because of the inability to change uniforms. The generic playbooks have been taken away for no apparent reason. You can't see what room someone from your friend list is in anymore. You can't see someone's favorite team w/o looking at their profile. And we still don't have custom playbooks online. Of all the things that need improvement, online play is the biggest one.
6. Get rid off all the known glitches, once and for all! There's absolutely no reason analog blitz should be in this game for the 3rd straight year. The WR Direct/Formation glitch is back too, and it's actually easier to pull off!!! This is completely unacceptable. As I said before, this game will never be perfect. There will always be glitches that people figure out. But EA has had over two years to fix the analog blitz and they seem to either not care or actually want it in the game.
That's all I ask. There are plenty of minor annoyances that I could do without, but if EA has to prioritize, those are the main areas of importance, IMO.