My Purchases | Contact
Powered By Prima Games
Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by whiteboy2069
    What routes can i run that the bump and run won't work when i play online my opponent always uses that and third down and i can't figure out how to beat it. Please help?
    I've yet to find any, but I haven't spent any extensive time in the lab with it yet. Best advice I can give you at the moment would be to use sets that have multiple tight ends like ace big. Reason being, the TE's will never get bumped, neither will the running back. If need be, hot route the back to block, so that you'll still have 6 blockers should the defense blitz.

I know it's not entirely helpful, but at least it's something.
    In loving memory of my godson Kaleb Elijah Gaitor 09/02/04 - 09/02/04 RIP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I've been locked in to Balanced offense way too long and need start mixing up my playcalling.
    I'm a huge fan of the I, I Twins, Strong I, Ace, Ace Twin TE, Pro, and all the spreads in this playbook. I don't use the Flex at all and I just ignore the rest.
    With the linked plays, I think I'm going to have better luck in a different playbook if I can find something with these sets.

Any thoughts?

EDIT: By Pro I meant the Split Backs 3WR.
    I found the search tool and ran that. South Carolina came up as a good match, being the only other playbook with the Split Back 3WR, but its an insane playbook with absurd plays and strange sets. I'm going to keep looking or just get used to the SC strategy. Not many linked plays here either.
    Last edited by TxCincy; 08-04-2009 at 06:30 AM. Reason: Update

Talking

I employ a run-based offense because that is the most direct way to attack a defense. A play's success will rely on many factors, including alignment and angles of routes in conjunction with each other. In this respect I guess that offensive strategy is a bit like like math. Another thing that affects a play's success is timing, and this is why a successful runnning game is dangerous. Not only is it a direct, powerful attack (unless with sweeps, counter traps, etc, but there is still power involved with any run play), but the defense has less time to react because the ballcarrier is closer to the ball and will recieve it sooner. You can usually find one aspect of an opponent's game that is weak with just a little probing. I'd try being simple first with your playsets and use different formations (I sometimes like to run several times in a row, never using the same formation). There have been several instances in which I've faced opponents with good base defenses 3-4, 4-3, etc designed to stop conventional base offensive sets with 2 WR, but severely lacking and exposed when faced with continuity offenses from 3 and 4 WR sets because their Nickel and Dime packages have never been challenged by a balanced, complete attack from these sets. You may also find the opposite to be true, as some struggle vs base and option sets but good playcalling and execution are key. Many opponents will become frustrated after a few successful runs, and then the sky's the limit. Once you see a pattern in how your opponent reacts to what you're doing, which may vary depending on the formation you're using, then you can exploit it. I know a lot of people like to blitz heavy against people who run a lot, especially if they are successful, and a max pro play-action pass out of a couple of your favorite running formations will go a long way. Never underestimate the importance of a good screen every so often, either, as it could yield good things and will help keep your adversary guessing all day, as well as help negate the pass rush. Practice the fundamental plays until you can do them in your sleep. And finally, I LOVE the option. Mix an option attack with a conventional offense if you have a fast QB. It is especially effective around the goal line. And as far as bump and run coverage goes they can only bump you if they're playing man to man defense. If they show press and are actually playing zone you'll see HUGE opportunities; all you gotta do is pay attention. If bump coverage is your opponent's sole strategy for stopping you on 3rd down then throw a few bunch formations at him and choose plays with routes that intersect, and that will help you screen off defenders. or a counter or toss the other way, as most of the defenders are on the bunched side and you should only have your man to beat. If he blitzes a lot then there will be holes left where they came from. Exploit this, because once you have someone second-guessing their blitz schemes then you've got em by the....well, you know. Find out the little things like what are his/her favorite plays when they think you're running, on 3rd and long, etc. Fades and quickslants with backs running flats also destroy bump coverage, as does hitting a slot reciever in the seam with outside flankers running deep to preoccupy the safeties. I sure hope all this helps, otherwise I'm littering right now lol

I think that if you are serious about your the game then you have to be offensive. We can dominate if we are attacking from the beginning. There are some other issues also which could be helpful. I think that offensive approach is one of the good way to survive.

Last edited by jaxter; 12-23-2012 at 07:35 AM.

Sports

I learned a lot from your post. Thanks for sharing this all.

|
    |

only thing i have found so far is the shake route,slants, slant post, sluggo,option routes,hitches,fly routes,drags, short in routes. I'm still looking...i'll post more once i spend more time labbing.

He also noted some weakside runs out of the shotgun formation.

Thread Information