The Madden NFL 13 Demo has been out for an entire day and has been thrown into the wild by EA SPORTS. We asked Madden Tip Nation to give us their feedback on the game in the following format.
Here are a few of MT Nation’s thoughts…
- The layout was also cool all the way to the menu screen. – Cpt Video
- I like the game, the presentation is cool, the movement of the players is good. I have decent control of both sides of the ball and the commentary is all around good. – hollowpoint
- The new passing system is effective. I threw a few good passes over purples. – Cpt Video
- Physics engine – it made the game play more fluidly. – OnlineMannings
- Catch Animations. – hollowpoint
- There is a lot of dropped passes to wide open receivers happening. – Cpt Video
- Physics engine – it does a lot of stupid unrealistic animations and I kind of hoped to see more variety in tackles. – OnlineMannings
- Resetting of the LBs/DBs – can’t place them where you want them on the field. – hollowpoint
- This is a good demo, best demo madden has ever put out based on the additional options, longer playtime, and 2 additional teams to play with. – Cpt Video
- I know I have more weaknesses than strengths but I still like the game a lot. – OnlineMannings
- This game is a breath of fresh air after going through a month of NCAA. – hollowpoint
It’s clear people are excited about the game, but there are also a few concerns. Everyone is a huge fan of the new Infinity Engine, but players have also questioned why there have been so many dropped passes. The hottest topic of the day was the linebackers resetting back into place. In years past you were able to manually move defenders into better positions for blitzing as well as defensive integrity. However, this manual movement caused issues for the game because of overly effective blitzing.
Regardless of what we like or dislike one fact remains. It’s Madden season! It’s time to lock up. It’s time to get ready for another long season of competition. In my opinion this game is top-notch. Personally I could do without the linebackers resetting, but as a community we need to rally behind this game. It’s a breath of fresh air and I’m super excited for this year’s game. We have to relearn the way we play the game and that is something that I can’t wait to do.
We want to hear your thoughts on the Madden NFL 13 Demo. Stop by our forums and let us know!