The day everyone has been looking forward to has finally come, and now that Madden NFL 13 is out, many of you have locked yourselves away in your Madden caves to put in your labbing hours. As you practice and perfect your craft, pause to take a quick break and read what the Greatest NFL Player of all time has to say about Madden, gaming, and his kids.
Here’s a sample of the PrimaGames.com exclusive interview with the NFL great Jerry Rice.
What was it like to get back on the gridiron in the EA SPORTS Madden NFL 13 Pigskin Pro Am?
It’s great. EA SPORTS and Madden football, it doesn’t get any better. You get so many celebrities and athletes to come out, and you have great fans to also come out and support. It’s a lot of fun. I’m not very good with the video game, but I feel like the game is just the way we played it. The graphics are unbelievable, and it’s like you’re sitting right there in the stadium while you play the game.
One of the new Connected Careers features of Madden NFL 13 allows players to take guys like you through an entire career and into the Hall of Fame. What are your thoughts about that?
That is so cool, man. Like I said, it’s a game that we love. Anything that we can do to enhance it and also help people to almost relive it through us, it’s amazing. I’m glad to be a part of it today.
To read the rest of this interview, click here! Enjoy!
Oakland Raiders Playbook – Singleback Bunch Base – OAK Verticals
1. Slant in the Y receiver
2. Streak the far left receiver
1. Against zone blitzes the wheel route to the far right should be open against zone
2. Against man the slant over the middle is a nice quick option
3. The deep angle route will also be a nice option against man
4. The far left streak is a user catch option
5. The wheel route also becomes a vertical route that you can user catch down the sideline.
Pistol Slot Strong – HB Slip Screen – Buffalo Bills Playbook
1. Drag the Y receiver
2. Fade the HB
3. Slant in the X receiver
4. Slant in the A receiver
5. Streak the B receiver
1. Look to the drag receiver as he breaks toward the pulling linemen. This is great option vs any and all defenses.
2. Against zone the HB on the fade will be open as they drop into coverage.
3. The slants are a nice option against heavy man coverage
4. The streak is your fail safe as user catch option
How would you hot route this play? Comment below!
Singleback Flip Trips: Denver Playbook
1. Drag the far left WR
1. The HB out of the backfield is a tough route for defenses to defend as a quick pass at the snap or as he breaks over the middle of the field
2. The automotion is a unbumpable route so this is a nice option against man press
3. Next check to the drag underneath.
4. The last reads are a deep corner and the deep post over the middle of the field.
*Hot route the post or corner route to a inside slant and you will create a very nice mesh combo with the drag and HB angle route*
Flex Jags Poco – Jacksonville Jaguars Playbook
Gun Trips TE
1. Slant in the X receiver
2. Drag the B receiver
1. Look to the HB out of the backfield. This route is tough to defend at two points. Right as he breaks wide and then when he cuts back over the middle of the field.
2. The slant in and drag combo will work well off each other as you will get a hi/lo read against man or zone here.
3. Look to the deep post over the middle of the field for the home run ball
4. The Post Corner right split wide to the right is a nice user catch option and is the last checkdown for this play.
Gun Doubles – Washington Redskins Playbook
1. Drag the far right receiver
2. Motion the left slot WR one step & snap
1. If man check to the curl on the far left
2. If you face a heavy blitz the slot receiver will have inside position in the seam
3. The TE’s route is an unbumpable route so this is a nice user option.
4. The underneath drag is your safety route checkdown if you need it.
5. The HB route is last resort – most times he will stay in to block but if you are facing coverage defense this is a nice option out of the backfield.