Last time on Zan’s Corner we broke down “How to Lab a Blitz” in Madden NFL 13! Today Zan is back to break down the San Francisco 49ers offensive playbook. All you run-heavy guys — this tip was made for you!
In this video, we break down my entire I-Form Niners Heavy scheme, and how I best complement it with the Goal Line formation. This scheme is best utilized by teams with 1-2 solid RBs, at least 1 good TE, and 1 pass/run-blocking FB. I would recommend the 49ers, Giants, Patriots, and Cowboys for teams to start using this scheme with.
- I-Form Niners Heavy: HB Counter Weak
- I-Form Niners Heavy: TE Tight PA Boot
- Goal Line: Strong Toss
- Goal Line: FB Dive or QB Sneak
- Goal Line: The play you didn’t choose above or TE Tight Lead/Power O
Rules for the formation:
1. When running the Counter, motion snap the offset back out of his 3-point stance for better blocking.
2. Attack the flats with swing patterns if your opponent is man blitzing: someone will be forced to chase all the way across the field.
3. Motion-snap the SE (split end) inside for better release vs. press coverage.